An unfortunate month
I realise it's been a while, but April has never been a good month for me and this one has been no real exception.
But I am coming out of the chaos, and returning back to the steady routine of my life - work is getting more or less back to normal, and home life is returning back to normal.
Much to my surprise I haven't caved and returned to SNAP - I played it once but honestly it wasn't the fun it used to be. I might occasionally play it when there's nothing much else to do, but we'll see.
The one thing that has been good about the last month is I've been writing my first "long" story for the first time since my most beloved died. And okay - that is slightly misleading because there has been "The Wave" and "Lost In A Galaxy" (both of which were huge) but this is the first long story I've written that wasn't part of NaNo and wasn't one that I knew where was going when I started.
It's hard to explain, but The Wave was a story I plotted out and wrote in 13 days, and "Lost In A Galaxy" was a parody of The Prequel trilogy. But this ("The MVS") is a story I feel like I'm actually writing and creating.........
I'm not explaining this very well, but it feels like one of the stories I wrote before she died - something I have done in a good long while.
Parts 1 and 2 are done, and I have to type them up before I start Part 3, because Part 3........ Part 3 is kind of complicated and required Part 1 to be typed up so I can refer to it (otherwise I will get lost and confused and it will not end well).
I think part of all this is related to writing stories by hand - it is relaxing and gentle. And it means I can scribble pause and........ write a little more flowingly.
The stories are shorter (because writing 6000, 7000 words is a bugger) but they are more fun.
Anyway - we will see how it goes. Typing up the first two parts of The MVS will take most of the next two weeks, and then on to writing Part 3 (I know the title, but...... spoilers!)
Comments
Post a Comment