It is FINISHED!!!

 Imagine the title said in the voice of Ted Neely from Jesus Christ, Superstar. Because that's how I'm saying it :)

"Blonde and Black II : Light And Dark" is finished. A mere four days after I started writing, I posted the last story tonight ("The First First Time"), bringing an end to the series. 12 parts and around 10,000 words in total. 

I think - I hope - this will herald a new burst of writing. Not of long stories, but of more stories. I already have a theoretical Blaise/Neville one ready to go (although it's not what you think) that might spawn a few more in the same genre (not a series but in the same setting. 

Mostly because the series spawned a new collection - HP Fanfic Ship Bingo. There are 12 characters (Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Ginny and Luna, Draco, Pansy, Blaise, Dudley, OFC and OMC) and you pick one or two characters from this list, and write a story that has them in a relationship. 

They are the only relationship that can be in the story (no multiple ships) and once you've submitted a story with that relationship, you can't submit another story with that relationship again (so if you write a Ginny/Dudley story, you can't write another one). 

And - if you are curious - the "one or two characters" bit? You can write Luna from this universe with Luna from another universe, or Luna from now with Luna from 50 years from now. So yes - they can be self-shipping (so to speak). 

Which gives you a total 144 combinations of characters - and if you manage to write 144 different stories then I think you get a prize at the end (not really, but you will get a hearty congratulations!)

That's my next project - random stories for random ships. Just to make it a challenge. 

But in the meantime :-

Blonde and Black II : Light and Dark. The Complete Series. 

Comments

Popular Posts