Straw. Camel. Back.
Snap has a new game mode - Psycho Arena Fight or something like that - where you get a champion and multiple duplicate cards, and you play them for six rounds.
All pretty simple.
I played with Hulk as my champion, and was repeatedly beat by people with Carnage as their hero, because they get "Knull" - counts the value of cards destroyed. You play that you almost certainly win.
I switched to Captain America, and got beat by Carnage again. For the same reason.
Every person who played Carnage pulled "Knull" out of their arse and beat me.
So I switched to Carnage, and for four games in a row I didn't draw Knull once. Not at all. So I lost all four games because without Knull the cards are pretty crap - it's almost impossible to win because you destroy most of your cards. You have to get at least two Venom cards and that's fairly hard.
Then I switched back to Hulk and guess what? Yeah - first three games against Carnage THREE FUCKING KNULLS in a row.
I am done playing Snap for the next week or so, because my level of fury with the bias in this game is quite high. They pretend there's no bias against certain grades of players, but I'm pretty sure if you've never paid for anything, the game is stacked against you.
I get the "pay to win" thing - that's just part of it. You get better cards, and i have no issue with that.
But when 50/50 or 1/3 decisions go against you 100% of the time for 20, 30, 40, 50 games in a row then it isn't luck. It isn't "random chance" - it's just fucking bullshit.
No one is that unlucky. It's just fucking nonsense.
So yeah. I set off not playing it with any real desire but I am past that now and it's just idiotic nonsense.
Comments
Post a Comment