Starting Over - Fangirl
So because the company is trying to get certified in a thing called Cyber-Essentials, there are new rules and guidelines about how computers have to be set up.
(I promise this is going somewhere)
As a result, we are being asked to play music over remote systems. Which is why I - finally - subscribed to Audible, and started buying a few books. One of these was Fangirl, which is a very good book in and of itself, but it has something else going for it.
Despite the fact the hero of the story (Cath) is an 18 year old girl with a twin sister, turns out I have a lot in common with her, but that's not why I am starting over. No - the reason is she writes fanfiction about a story called "Simon Snow" (which is most definitely not a Harry Potter clone, but it makes no pretensions of being anything else - she couldn't use Harry Potter because she was writing her own story) and writes it very well.
I'm not going to start writing "Simon Snow" fiction (that would be weird, but kind of fun if I did - see how many people know what it is) but instead I'm going to have a go at "Black and Blonde II" - writing Harry/Draco drabbles (or short stories, and hold on - drabbles is aa recognised word??) in the same format that I wrote the stories about Wednesday and Enid.
Because whenever I start to write long stories, I tend to get distracted, and I never finish them. But if I write a lot of short stories, there's a chance I will be more inclined to write them. And also the reason I get bored with the longer stories is even with the ones I am writing they are still kind of the same as stories I've written.
But Harry/Draco stories? Yeah. These are ones I've not written before now. Not even close. So I'm going to have a go at writing way outside my comfort zone.
Which should be fun.
Or - you know - a total disaster.
Comments
Post a Comment