Five days

 We've had the next five days in the calendar at work for the past six weeks. It's not an overstatement to say they are some of the most important days we are going to have for one of our projects in a long while, and as much as I don't like it I am a key part of that. 

Unfortunately there has been a slight blip in that, because over the next five days I am going to be away for personal reasons. I am going to be up in Scotland for a funeral - the funeral of my most beloved's mother - and so on the one day of the year I need to be in a specific place for a specific purpose I am going to be somewhere else.

It's entirely my choice. I am not suggesting that I'm being forced to do this. She was someone I knew, someone I cared about, someone I loved. Someone who was a part of my life for half of my life. Someone I miss a lot. And when I say "it was entirely my choice" that's obviously a lie because there wasn't a choice - it wasn't like I decided to go over deciding not to go. 

It's just the way of the universe, the way things go, the way things are that it happens to be on this day at this time. 

So tomorrow there is a lot of prep work to be done, then travel on Tuesday.

All in all it is a week I am not looking forward to. But....... well, maybe that's for another time.

Comments

Popular Posts