Batch Lots

So I've been writing a few stories for the new collection on Ao3, but I've taken to writing them in a slightly different way. In Latin.

Just kidding.

The way I'm writing them is in three stages :-

First I use a dice rolling app (because I appear to have lost the dice I once had) to roll 2d12 and use that for the 'ship that the story is going to contain. If it is a ship I've already written, then I roll again.

Once I have five or six of these, I then write the stories in a batch - five or six at once - but I write them out by hand, because it's more fun. And also because (and this will sound odd but it's true) when I write them by hand I write shorter stories because what seems long when written out by hand is a lot shorter then you type it up.

(Try it -you'll see it's true). 

Then after I've written the five or six stories, I post them.

Currently I am on my second lot of stories, and I've got two of the five or six written. A Draco/Neville story, provisionally entitled "Going Home", and a Luna/Hermione story, provisionally entitled either "The Rutland Tree Society" or "Angels And Principalities". 

I'm also starting to think that quite a few of these will be tied together, though I haven't quite worked out how just yet. I think "The Zero Chamber" might play a big part in this, as well as a combination of "Legends" and "Day of The Doctor" (not crossovers, just plot stealing). 

But we'll see how that goes, because I do sometimes get carried away with grand ideas and this is usually where my interest wanes. So maybe I'll just stay with individual stories for now.

Anyway - watch this space.


Comments

Popular Posts