In Life There's Always Gonna Be Some Girl In A Bathroom Calling You A Slut

Life is taking a slight up turn, which is somewhat unfortunate time because the next few weeks are going to pretty much suck. 

It's not that I am psychic (note to self - is there a character named Psy-Chick? Because that would be an excellent name for a telepathic villain. Or a telepathic hero. But I am digressing) but just based on general experience.

Valentines Day when you are own your own is never as much fun as you think it is. Being subjected to "DO THIS FOR VALENTINES DAY" and "GIVE YOUR VALENTINE THE GIFT OF LOVE" when the one person you want to be your Valentine is is not going to be around. 

Then there is the getting a year older thing, which - don't get me wrong - is something I am quite comfortable with (especially given my history) but again....... she isn't here to get older with me (not that she gets a year older at the same time - that would be weird and kind of strange) and while there are people who are happy to see me get a year older, they aren't her.

And finally I've got a review in a week or so, and I always love having reviews because I don't see them as annoying and pointless and I could find better things to do with my time. I mean yes - this is the one I went a little more over the top with, and I think I can probably extract more entertainment out of it than usual, but honestly my entire plan for the next 50 years at work is to do my job, not get promoted, not get demoted and not get fired.

Getting a review isn't going to change that.

However there are two things that are looking up. 

A game I really quite like is on sale, and it seems like a good time to buy it despite the fact I have a number of games I'm already not playing - most notably Clair Obscur (which I am stuck on and getting very surprisingly annoyed with) and LN3 (which I am playing in stages because apparently it's quite short) - and an urge to play Minecraft to build a life-size model of my office (not literally life-size, but life-size relative to my character. If it was actually life-size............ well that would be weird).

And I think the life-size thing will also take my mind off the next few weeks. Which will be nice. 

Comments

Popular Posts