Feeling A Little Stupid, But It'll Pass

 For those who've read yesterday's entry you will notice it doesn't have a title. I called it "Smallville, Snap and Snark" - that was supposed to be the title - but I've only just figured out how to assign the title to the entry. 

It's the line above the entry that says "Title".

You'd think someone who has been using the web for forty+ years and who writes web applications for a living might have realised this sort of thing, but apparently the idea that "everyone is stupid" is........ not an unreasonable theory.

However I'm past that - it is one of my non-existent New Year's Resolutions that I am also failing at that I am going to not worry about things that are gone and done, and not rehash them over in my mind and think about what I could have done differently. 

It is something that me and my most beloved had in common - an almost pathological inability to get over past mistakes and to constantly relive them over and over again, trying to work out what we could have done better, differently and so on.

It's not got any better - I still do it. Just under a fortnight ago I...... was the cause of something at work that was unbelievably bad. And although it's been made clear that it was not my fault - it was a million to one accident and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it - there are still moments where I play it through in my head (the event and the aftermath) and I try to work out what I could have done differently.

And that's before we get on to the events two years ago. The amount of times I've played those through in my head....... 

But I will come back to those later. Perhaps. Maybe.

For the moment I have decided to abandon the stories I am working on (which is no big loss because I haven't published them - I got through maybe one and a half chapters, and already ran out of steam) and instead I think I am going to write the second half of the story I wrote for NaNo. 

The difference between that and the other stories I've lost the desire to write is that although I already know how it ends (it's a parody of the original Star Wars trilogy with Wednesday & Harry Potter characters getting to play some of the lead parts) the fun part is the parody aspect.

Plus the six lead characters are all women, which is always entertaining, because if you consider the lead characters in Star Wars you will notice a marked lack of women in lead roles.

Work is coming up again, and I have a review soon. I am vacillating (a word I learned years ago in relation to a woman named Poppy McGrew, although I never watched the program. I just remember the title) between writing my usual short, taciturn (what is it with me and overly flowery vocab today?) comments for the employee part of the form or if I am going to write more of an essay type thing.

There have been a lot of changes over the last year - more so than in most of the previous years - so I could have a lot more to say. But I could save it for the actual review.

I've still got a few days to decide, so I we'll find out where that ends up sooner or later.

For now? For now there are Jacob Bites - Red Hot. Which, some might say, are all anyone really needs. 


Comments

Popular Posts